Amy Parks - Heath Elementary School in Heath, Texas
The school's name honors distinguished local educator Amy Parks, and identifies its geographic location in the City of Heath. Amy Parks spent her entire 35-year career teaching Rockwall's first graders to read and preparing them for the future. The school's site was made possible through the generosity of Dorothy and K.K. Stanfield who donated the 12 acres for the school. The school's recreational area is named in honor of the Stanfields, who are long time residents of Heath.
In the 1880’s, the Heath community had two schools; the schools merged in the early 1900’s. A large two-story, 10 grade, frame school house was constructed in 1913. Today’s beautiful new school opened in 1995 and is located near the site of the old Heath School. Its focal point bell tower was inspired by photographs of the old one, and the original school bell is on display in the foyer.
RISD - Rockwall County Texas