A Fun, Festive and Family-Friendly Fundraising Event Benefiting Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
December 14 & 15, 2018
Holidays at the Heard brings the beauty of the holiday season into nature. Bundle up and experience the most unique holiday event in North Texas! Guests will see lights and holiday décor along a half mile Heard nature trail. In keeping with the Heard’s role as a nature preserve, this light display is designed to enhance, rather than overpower, the sanctuary’s natural beauty. Also, you’ll get to travel back in time to experience 10 life-size dinosaurs along a nature trail.
Children and the young at heart will enjoy the opportunity to take a photo with Father Christmas and Mother Nature in a festive setting. Live holiday music from Anthony and Marina Jazz in our amphitheater under the stars will complement the atmosphere.
- Take a photo of yourself with Father Christmas and Mother Nature.
- Warm up with hot beverage or a snack available for purchase.
- Enjoy a stroll along our festively lit nature trail!
- Explore the North Pole Children’s Village.
- Visit our vendors for fun activities and more.
- Watch for encounters with our animal ambassadors.
- Experience life-size dinosaurs along the lighted trail. (Please note the dinosaurs are not animated during this event.)
On the Amphitheater Stage
Enjoy our live nightly stage performances under the stars from Cafe Society with Anthony and Marina! With roots in jazz, Marina & Anthony bring fresh interpretations to current favorites along with the classics.
Dancers from Shandon-O’Regan Irish Dance Academy will also perform during two 15 minute segments.
*Tip- bring along a blanket to warm your seat. You may also wish to bring water resistant seating depending on the weather.*