Recently honored by Helping Hands for their outstanding service to the non-profit critical assistance agency in 2013 were:
• ATMOS Energy awarded the Ethel Moss Award for distinguished service and outstanding commitment to the mission and goals of Helping Hands. Chairman of the Board Lorne Liechty presented the award to Sandra Doyle and Liz Beauchamp.
• Dr. Gabriela Zandomeni was presented the David B. Lensch Award for enhancing lives through dedicated service, compassion and commitment to the Health Center.
• Mr. Lee Gilbert received the Chairmans Award for his consistent and tireless work on behalf of the agency.
• Mrs. Phuong Willis was awarded the Directors Award for her ongoing volunteer service and dedication.
• Mrs. Claudette Johnson was presented the Centsible Thrift Store Volunteer of the Year.
• Mrs. Karen Collins received the Health Center Volunteer of the Year.
• Mr. & Mrs. John & Debbie Branton awarded Assistance and Referral Volunteers of the Year.
“We couldnt do our job without our volunteers,” said Executive Director Margo Nielsen. “Individuals, schools, churches and business and civic groups combine to produce our volunteer force. Their dedication and contributions are vital to Helping Hands, and our achievements are so much greater because of them.”
The awards were presented at the agencys Annual Board Meeting January 27. Paying tribute to volunteers at the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors has become a tradition, honoring the unique talents and extraordinary contributions of supporters that allow Helping Hands to deliver essential services to its customers, clients and patients.
For more information, please visit www.rockwallhelpinghands.com.
Submitted by Melody Hail
Director of Development
Rockwall County Helping Hands
950 Williams Street
Rockwall, TX 75087