Frequent Bobcat Sightings in The Shores NeighborhoodPublished: December 06, 2010
Click to enlarge [+]
The Shores -- Sunday, at 4:45 PM, a Bobcat was seen running across the street on North Lakeshore Drive, near the school, headed towards the wooded area. The Shores Homeowners Association again reminds residents to use CAUTION.
All small animals are game; small dogs and cats. "A cat left out over night is just a 'snack'...Remember Bobcats can climb trees, as well."
It is somewhat unusual the Bobcat is being seen frequently in the daytime. The sightings suggest he lives close by. As long as he has a food source here, he will stay. The best way to get him to move on is to NOT allow food for him. Keep cats inside at night and never leave pet food outside. Do not leave small dogs unattended.
There are over 130 homes in the immediate area - tell your neighbors.
Related article: June 2010 - Rockwall WildlifePosted Monday, December 06, 2010 Sharon Lewis in Crime, Safety, Living, Pets,
UpdatesGet occasional updates about the site and the Rockwall community.
- End of life support is fast approaching for Windows XP – is your business ready?
- Inspired by San Franciso - Gala to benefit One Man’s Treasure
- Rockwall Relay for Life: Sheri Fowler
- Rockwall Police Report Significant Drop in Overall Crime Rate
- Funeral procession for Dallas Fireman William Scott Tanksley | Chopper 5 Live Video.