Students Serving Others Day | Rockwall ISDPublished: March 20, 2017
Click to enlarge [+]
Rockwall ISD students find purpose, pride and passion through serving others. Both students and teachers feel the need to take the acts of kindness and compassion learned in the classroom, and share it with the community.
Through active, personal service Rockwall students will be able to identify needs and take a stand as leaders in serving the world around them. In support of this, each Rockwall ISD campus will select a service project to work toward for Students Serving Others Day on Saturday, April 22.
Examples of services include:
- Raising money to help build a fence at a Habitat for Humanity House
- Spending time with residents of a retirement home
- Planting and landscaping at a retirement home
- Collecting non-perishable grocery items for tornado victims
- Volunteering at an animal shelter
- Book Drive
- Assisting staff members affected by the tornado
- Birthday Bags for a children’s home