Update: Dec 15, 2015…
On Monday, December 14, the Snowball Express arrived in Rockwall, with an escort by the Patriot Guard Riders. A greeting party awaited these family members of fallen heroes, and cheered as our visitors entered Shenaniganz for a private party — arcade, go kartz, bowling, food and plenty of Shenaniganz hospitality.
View PHOTO GALLERY
The Snowball Express will arrive in Rockwall on Monday, December 14, 2015 with over 400 family members of our nations fallen service men and women.
In conjunction with American Airlines, a total of 1,600 guests will arrive at DFW airport. The families, from 47 states and 5 foreign countries, will be taken to participating entertainment centers in the DFW area. Shenaniganz, Rockwall: Stikez in Frisco and iT’z in Euless are hosting the families for this special visit to DFW.
400 family members will ride buses provided by Dallas ISD to Shenaniganz for a day of family fun and entertainment. Members of the Rockwall Police Department, Rockwall Fire Department along with City of Rockwall officials will be on hand to greet and be available to assist the families during their visit.
“Shenaniganz is so excited to help Snowball Express in this fabulous cause to serve kids who lost a parent serving our country. My brothers and I invite everyone in the community to come out Monday morning from 9:15 to 10:15 to help give these kids a real Hero’s Welcome!” ~ Parker Coddington, Shenaniganz
Shenaniganz is Northeast Texas’s premier eater-tainment destination. Awarded Best Entertainment Center in the Country! Rockwall’s family entertainment center is family owned and operated, and is proud to host The Snowball Express.
Travel & Hero’s Welcome:
- Rockwall PD will meet the buses at I-30 and Dalrock Rd to provide police escort from that point the rest of the way to Shenaniganz.
- All intersections on the route from that point will be closed down so the buses never have to stop.
- Rockwall Fire Department will have a big fire truck on the Horizon Rd overpass over I-30 hanging a big American flag that the busses will drive under.
- The Military Heritage Collection of North Texas will have multiple vintage military vehicles from their collection on site as part of the Hero’s Welcome.
- Rockwall Police Department will have a variety of vehicles on site for kids to climb on & explore as part of their community outreach program and as part of the Hero’s Welcome.
- Rockwall Police Honor Guard will be present.
- Rockwall Fire Department will have a big ladder truck for kids to climb on, explore, etc. as part of their community outreach program and as part of the Hero’s Welcome.
- Upon arrival at Shenaniganz, the buses will park on the far side of the parking lot, furthest away from the entrance to Shenaniganz. They will then be greeted with a true Hero’s Welcome. The families will walk through a column comprised of vehicles and people cheering for them and waving American flags as music blasts across the parking lot as they make their way to the center. The crowd will include, among others:
- Members of the Texas A&M Lions Athletic Department community (e.g. cheerleaders, student athletes, etc)
- City of Rockwall Employees
- Rockwall ISD Employees
- Shenaniganz volunteers
- Mayor Jim Pruitt
- Rockwall ISD
- Local citizens
During the Event:
- All attendees will have Unlimited Play on all attractions in Shenaniganz’s 75,000 sq ft of indoor entertainment. All donated and free of charge, of course!
- Lounge Style Bowling
- Indoor Go-Kartz on the Shenaniganz Speedway
- Two-Story Lazer Tag: The Ruins of Angkor Wat
- Yeti’s Revenge: Black Light Mini-Golf
- Game Zone: 7,000 sq ft Arcade
- Mechanical Bull
- Lazer Maze
- Jump Zone: Inflatables and Bounce Houses
- A magician will perform magic with kids throughout the event.
- Balloon animal artists will be on hand to entertain kids (& those who are kids at heart).
Lunch will be provided by our own in-house, award-winning restaurant, Rozie’s Grill. Unlimited soft drinks, tea & coffee will be served throughout the event.
Just for Adults – Our VIP Z Lounge will be set aside as a place for Parents, Grandparents and Guardians of kids to be able to relax and enjoy the company of other adults in the most posh, upscale environment. Plush leather couches, 8 Private lanes of bowling, and a chill environment will allow them some time to exhale.
From 10am – 2pm, Shenaniganz will be closed to the public as our special visitors enjoy the day created especially for them.
For more information about the the Snowball Express, check them out on Facebook or snowballexpress.org
By Sharon Lewis / Planet Rockwall
Parker Coddington / Shenaniganz
Rockwall Police Department